Saturday, February 21, 2009

Outpatient surgery

Well, I finally did it!! I am minus my left big toenail!! It has been bothering me for going on two years. It had "the fungus" which helped it to be ingrown....just a mess!!! Anyway, yesterday at work, Michael Koenig-the P.A. at where I work (Northeastern Orthopedics-Dr. Larabee) said he would take it off for me around 11:00 a.m. so I would have the weekend to recover. To my surprise, Dr. Larabee was off yesterday but he came at 11:00 just to take my toenail off for me!! I certainly didn't expect that!! They wanted me to do it at the hospital, but I told them that I would have to pay my deductible and all that!! The three injections into my toe were not bad at all and I didn't even feel Dr. Larabee take the nail off.....BUT BOY WHEN IT WOKE UP, THAT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY!!!!!! Anyway, I am sitting around this weekend with my toe propped up and every 5 or 6 hours popping those pain pills!!! Hope you all have a great weekend!! Congrats to all who are losing that weight!!! Shannon, sounds like you had a great day yesterday....EVERYDAY is wonderful for me!!!! Oh, by the way, today is John's mother's birthday party- she is 90 years young!! LOVE to all!!

9 comments:

Jamie's Block said...

aww hope ur toe feels better soon. that was nice of dr larabee to come in on his day off and do it himself. i think him everyday for saving my hubby's hand.

Patricia said...

I hope that your toe feels better real soon!!! It made me hurt just to read what you wrote. Hope the worst is over. Take care...

Kelly said...

Hope your toe is feeling better! Ouch! We missed you Saturday night!

Judson's Mommy said...

I am sorry. I hope you will be jumping around soon!

Judson's Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

I hope you better soon...because we know that you don't want to be down for long.. take care and Happy Birthday to John's mom...hope you have a great relaxing weekend.

Nancy said...

Thanks, Cathy! Congrats on your weight loss...looks like you will enjoy the summer in a bikini!!!! I will still be in capris and a big shirt!! Have a good weekend too!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you toe is feeling better now!

Anonymous said...

Hope you toe is feeling better now!